Sunday, July 27, 2008

The new house feels like a home!!

Joseph and Boober were such a help when we were packing up the old house and setting up the new one. I just realized Joseph's wardrobe in the following pictures and I assure you that there was a laundry day in between and that he usually wears more than a single piece of clothing. I promise.


Having all of the family down for a visit really warmed the house up nicely! The house really feels like our home.


We've nearly unpacked and have figured out a lot of stuff that was tossed to save on packing may be sort of missed. There are also a few things on the counter in the old kitchen that should have made there way over but haven't yet...(our vanilla extract was missed this morning but I don't think anyone even tasted the difference in the French toast).




Our new house has two guest bedrooms! I had so much fun getting the bed linens and new quilts for the rooms. With our futon made into a bed we had three guest beds! Even though, not every one had a bed and a bedside table with a lamp. (sorry Grandma and Grandpa)



And the cleaning crew is just finishing up while Joe and I relax on the back porch.

4 comments:

MJenks said...

I notice that no one in Joe's "extended" family has been invited over yet.

*folds arms and patiently awaits the invite*

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

Get back to me when your arms cramp from being folded and you're not feeling quite so patient--the house may be ready then.

Unless you like unpacking boxes...

MJenks said...

Oh, I was told that all the boxes were unpacked.

Besides, someone whose little, blonde and 7 told me "They don't have a pool at the new house? I don't want to go there."